Important Information Regarding COVID-19
Symptoms of COVID-19 are reported as flu-like, with varying degrees of severity. While we do not know everything about this virus to date, individuals who are elderly and/or immunocompromised appear to be the most at risk of a severe infection or complications. Most people with COVID-19 recover; however, people with chronic diseases are also at higher risk of death if they become ill. Please consider rescheduling your appointment if you’re over the age of 65 with chronic health conditions such as diabetes, heart disease and lung disease.
To ensure your health and safety, and the health and safety of everyone at our practice, please reschedule your appointment if you have any of the following symptoms
• Fever of 38 Degrees C or above, chills
• Shortness of breath or dry cough
• Runny nose, post nasal drip
• Sore throat or painful swallowing
• Aching limbs, muscle aches
• Lack of appetite
• Vomiting and/or diarrhea
• Loss of smell with or without fever
• Have had close contact or have been in isolation with a suspected case in the last 14 days
• If you have travelled internationally in the last 14 days
Please view and share our latest COVID-19 Symptom Comparison Chart with your friends and family.
We thank you in advance and extend our gratitude for your understanding and cooperation. Together, we can help keep everyone as safe and healthy as possible. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our office, and one of our staff members will be more than happy to assist you.
Our response to Covid-19
In recognition of ongoing news reports and the continued spread of the COVID-19 virus, we realize our patients have questions. As dedicated health care professionals, we want you to know that we remain as diligent as ever in protecting the health and safety of our patients and staff. Our practice strictly adheres to and exceeds the standards for infection control by wearing personal protective gear, using hospital-grade disinfectants, practicing the latest sterilization protocols, utilizing single-use disposable materials, and more. Our practice follows and exceeds the guidelines set by our college CDSBC, our association BCDA and the centre for disease control BCCDC. Every effort we have in place is to ensure the safety of our patients and staff. We want you to know that we are monitoring this situation very closely, and we will keep you updated regularly.
- Appointments will be spaced out to allow physical distancing between patients. It will also allow time for their office to be disinfected between each appointment. That might mean less flexibility for scheduling your appointment.
- For each visit, you will be screened twice for COVID-19 symptoms. 1) At time of booking. 2) Upon arrival on day of.
- Your temperature will be taken with a touchless thermometer at check-in.
- You will be asked to wash/sanitize your hands with soap & water or a high-concentration alcohol hand sanitizer, upon entering and exiting the office.
- You will be asked to wear a mask or face covering while in the office except when you are receiving dental care.
- You will be asked to fill out a Patient Acknowledgement Form upon arrival. Click here to view this document.
- You will be asked to rinse with 1% hydrogen peroxide for 60 seconds prior to commencement of dental care.
- Dental staff will be wearing more protective gear than normal. This includes masks, face shields, and gowns.
- Companions are strongly discouraged except when special assistance is needed. Companions will also be subject to all screening measures.
- You may be asked to wait outside the dentist’s office and call when you arrive. You will be notified by phone when we are ready to see you.
- The waiting room will not be open for everyone. Chairs will be spaced two metres apart. There will be no magazines, water dispenser or any other non-essential items in the dental office, as these are all difficult to disinfect.
- We have installed plexiglass barriers
- We have installed medical grade air purification systems that uses HEPA filters, Carbon filters and UV light to clean and sterilize air. Click here to learn more.
- Plan to pay by touchless payment, such as credit card or Interac or to provide your credit card information to minimize time spent in common areas.
- Regular cleaning of commonly touched surfaces.
- All staff are required to undergo the same daily screening and daily recording of temperature and continued rigorous handwashing has been reinforced.
For further information, including measures to keep yourself healthy, visit the following links:
- Prevention: View CDC Guidelines
- Symptoms: View Information from the CDC
- Steps When Sick: View the Steps
- BC Centre for Disease Control: http://covid-19.bccdc.ca/
- College of Dental Surgeons of British Columbia: https://www.cdsbc.org/about-cdsbc/news/covid-19/covid-19-for-patients-public